Monday, November 26, 2012

DIY Part 1

Much to my enjoyment Saturday was one of the first days in a LONG time that I was able to sit around my house and enjoy the day. I had no concrete plans or any obligations! (If you know me personally, you know that is a big deal) In hopes of making the most of my day, I decided to catch up on jewelry orders and do some fun DIY projects that I had been wanting to do for some time now!

First and foremost, I'm slightly obsessed with Lauren Conrad.  Even more so now that she has crafting video segments on her website called Crafty Creations  These videos are actually super awesome to watch because you actually get to see how the craft turns out, instead of getting instructions and doing the craft yourself first.

My favorite two creations on Laurens website are her cheese grader earring stand and decorative tray. So this weekend I went on the hunt for the right fabric and spray paint to tackle both projects! 

First up was the decorative tray!
Fabric, spray tacky glue, scissor and a cookie tray

Glue the fabric on the outer side of the tray!

Then trim down your fabric!

Flip the tray and spray all the corners!

Fold fabric to form the back of the tray!

Viola! 


I'm so pleased with the turn out! The only issue I had was that I sprayed a little too much glue on the outer side of the tray, thus leaving a little glue mark once I put the fabric down. Other than that I can't wait to make another!

Next post up will be my instructions for my cheese grater earring stands! 

xoxo, 



No comments:

Post a Comment